Texas based Corduro, a Google backed company, has launched a new product that allows payments sans device, card or cash! At first blush it looks like a SQUARE competitor but it seems to be targeting healthcare and larger corporations looking for scalable payment solutions. The Corduro model integrates Social Media, Online and Mobile payments, as well as POS for their all-encompassing payment solution allowing their customers to “pay by any device”.
PayMobile users can instantly pay individuals, merchants, and organizations just by being present and Enterprises can accept those payments without disruption to existing loyalty, payment, back-office or business systems and processes. A Corduro user can securely pay a Corduro retailer without physically carrying a phone, credit card, check, or cash. “We are going to demonstrate our omni-channel platform for accepting payment via any internet-connected or mobile device,” said Corduro CEO Robert Ziegler.
- Corduro Demonstrates a revolution in Mobile Payments at FinovateSpring 2013 (virtual-strategy.com)
- More analysts believe mobile wallets will replace cash and cards | CreditRepair.com (creditrepair.com)
- What Small Business Needs to Know About Mobile Payments (allstate.com)
- Google Wallet, Other Mobile Payments Enhance Mobile Marketing (business2community.com)
- Mobile Payment Technology: What’s in Your Digital Wallet? (webroot.com)
- Who Will Win As Mobile Payments Go Mainstream? (embargozone.com)
- Javelin Finds Mobile POS Acceptance Could Result in $1.1 Trillion in Card Payments (virtual-strategy.com)